Labor Relations Specialists
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Labor Relations Specialists Do
Resolve disputes between workers and managers, negotiate collective bargaining agreements, or coordinate grievance procedures to handle employee complaints.
Other Job Titles Labor Relations Specialists May Have
Business Agent, Business Representative, Field Operations Coordinator, Labor Relations Specialist
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Negotiate collective bargaining agreements.
- Monitor company or workforce adherence to labor agreements.
- Present the position of the company or of labor during arbitration or other labor negotiations.
- Write letters related to labor relations activities, such as letters to amend collective bargaining agreements, letters of dispute or conciliation, or letters to seek clarification of contract terms.
- Draft contract proposals or counter-proposals for collective bargaining or other labor negotiations.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.