My day job is at a university, where I work with students that have learning differences. I build relationships with them and make sure that they're granted equal access, both physically, and in terms of educational resources. No day is the same because I interact with such a broad spectrum of students and campus issues. Outside of that, I write almost every day, whether it's for my blog, or for larger publications like Edutopia or Huffington Post. I also do a lot of public speaking appearances.
Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+4.6% (slower than the average)
Most Common Level of Education
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers Do
Monitor and evaluate compliance with equal opportunity laws, guidelines, and policies to ensure that employment practices and contracting arrangements give equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
Other Job Titles Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers May Have
Affirmative Action Officer (AA Officer), Civil Rights Investigator, Civil Rights Representative, Complaint Investigations Officer, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer (EEO Officer), Equal Employment Opportunity Representative (EEO Representative), Equal Opportunity Specialist
How Leaders Describe a Typical Day at Work
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Investigate employment practices or alleged violations of laws to document and correct discriminatory factors.
- Prepare reports related to investigations of equal opportunity complaints.
- Interview persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to verify case information.
- Study equal opportunity complaints to clarify issues.
- Interpret civil rights laws and equal opportunity regulations for individuals or employers.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.