Wind Energy Development Managers
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+6% (as fast as the average)
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Wind Energy Development Managers Do
Lead or manage the development and evaluation of potential wind energy business opportunities, including environmental studies, permitting, and proposals. May also manage construction of projects.
Other Job Titles Wind Energy Development Managers May Have
Business Development Director, Business Development Manager, Development Director, Development Manager
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Coordinate or direct development, energy assessment, engineering, or construction activities to ensure that wind project needs and objectives are met.
- Manage wind project costs to stay within budget limits.
- Lead or support negotiations involving tax agreements or abatements, power purchase agreements, land use, or interconnection agreements.
- Create wind energy project plans, including project scope, goals, tasks, resources, schedules, costs, contingencies, or other project information.
- Supervise the work of subcontractors or consultants to ensure quality and conformance to specifications or budgets.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.