The's Open Road
Hip Hop Artists
You just have to wake up one day and say, 'To hell with it, I'm doing it.'
- Brothers Kentrell "Krispy Kream" Lindsey and Alvin Rah Al Millio Lindsey have been making music since they were teenagers.
- Since they were kids, they knew that neither of them fit into the "work a 9-to-5 job" mold.
- The two weren't originally close; one was a self-described "nerd" while the other was in the "cool crowd."
- They grew up in New Orleans; after Hurricane Katrina, they no longer had the option of going home.
- Both say that this forced flight was a catalyst that empowered them to go after their hip hop dreams at full steam.
- The brothers' musical act The Knux started gaining recognition after they were chosen to open for Common on tour.
- They define failure as "never doing what they wanted to do," so they're not afraid to take chances.
- Say, "sometimes you have to be selfish to give," you have to put yourself first, then you can help others.