Tatyana's Open Road
Determination Negativity Passion Self-Reflection Acceptance Doubt Planning Desire Goals Inspiration Character Hard Work Talent Fulfillment Success Values Family Support & Encouragement Confidence Education Fear
- Says most of her personality comes from her mom, a radical artist and the "black sheep" of the family.
- Other than her mother, no one supported her decision to go to college to study art.
- Peers thought she had talent, but said she'd never make any money, wouldn't be able to pay back student loans.
- Was mentored by her high school art teacher, who provided her with supplies, helped her apply to art schools.
- For years, she had to take waitressing jobs on the side to support her art.
- Says the evolving nature of street art helped her understand it's cool to be "a work in progress."
- Realized you can't wake up one day and change the world; you change yourself first, then the people around you, etc.
- Her goal as an artist is to make her audience more tolerant of others' experiences.