Patricia's Open Road
CNN en Espanol
When you lose interest in what you do, you're losing a big ingredient in being happy.
- She completed her undergraduate studies with a degree in interior design.
- Although she still loves using her interior design skills in her personal life, she found that as a career, it just wasn't fulfilling.
- Her father told her interior design was a lazy profession, and she admits that she did crave more of a challenge.
- She started exploring international journalism; says it caught her attention because she was from a multicultural family.
- Decided to enroll in a journalism degree at the University of La Sabana in Bogotá, Colombia.
- Says the best thing to do when trying to find your road is to talk to as many people as you can and ask a lot of questions.
- Advises road-trippers to find something that "makes adrenaline run through [their] bodies."
- Says passion and enthusiasm are two key elements to being happy within your career.