Magnus' Open Road
Urban Outlaw Shop
The key is believing in yourself. I think a lot of people give up because we are afraid of failure. The biggest struggle is finding the self-confidence to believe in yourself and keep moving forward.
- Grew up in Sheffield, England.
- His fascination with the Porsche brand began when his father took him to the 1977 Earl’s Court Motorshow when he was 10 years old.
- Knew his life in Sheffield was going to be limited, so he dropped out of school at 15 and started bouncing around places and jobs.
- He came to the U.S. when he was 19 to work for a kids summer camp in Detroit; a decision he now says was “sink or swim”.
- After the camp ended, he took off on a three day road trip with the goal of getting to Los Angeles; had no plans for what he was going to do, but embraced being on an adventure.
- He stumbled into the fashion industry by accident and set up his fashion label (now called Urban Outlaw) on the Venice Boardwalk, which eventually grew into a multi-million dollar business.
- He had always had a goal to own a Porsche—something he finally achieved when he was 25 years old—for him, this represented a great personal accomplishment and sense of freedom.
- With the success of his fashion business, he started to collect more and more Porsches—he is now one of the most sought after Porsche collectors and customizers in the world.