Layne's Open Road
There are no excerpts for this Leader.
It's not so much what you do; it's just how well you do it, and that you do, do it.
- Started surfing when she was four years old; says because she grew up with her dad and her brother, she was very strong-willed.
- Originally wanted to be a stockbroker; did her work experience in school on the trading floors in Australia and realized it wasn't for her.
- Knew she wanted to be the best in the world at something, so she took up every sport she could.
- After she won her first regional surfing championship, she decided to drop all the other sports and focus on surfing.
- Says you find your true passions when you push yourself to extremes.
- Once she won her first world championship, she locked in and won five more in succession.
- Says that there was stress and adversities she had to overcome to set that record, but achieving her goals made up for everything.
- Doesn't believe in "mistakes," says they're only learning experiences; the only "real mistake" is failing to learn from your setbacks.