Joe's Open Road
I'd Do Everything The Same (0:30)
I Always Dreamed Of Getting The Right Job (0:51)
Take Advantage of Opportunities (0:36)
I Grew Up Around Cars (0:54)
It's Not Worth Anything Unless You Work Hard For It (0:47)
An education will help you enjoy your life and it will pay for you to enjoy it even more.
- His childhood fascination with Matchbox cars, Hot Wheels, and Revell plastic model cars grew as he got older and first sparked his interest in the auto industry.
- In high school, he would get rides from the kids at school that had fancy cars and they would race to school.
- The area of East L.A he grew up in became his automotive playground as it was considered the home of the Lowrider.
- Has spent the majority of his life customizing cars for competitions and have built some of the most popular Lowriders in the industry—in 2006, he was elected into the Lowrider Hall of Fame.
- His dad was a truck driver who worked very hard to ensure that he could get an education and pursue whatever he wanted; it’s a work ethic he still carries with him today.
- Believes that getting an education is one of the most important things there is—for the auto industry, getting a specialized education is necessary due to today’s advanced technologies.
- Admits that he doesn’t know anything about mechanics; as the Editor of Lowrider Magazine, he says he is constantly doing his homework to try to understand everything.
- Says his favorite part of the industry is getting to travel and meet people from all different walks of life.