Bhargavi's Open Road
I Never Had A Plan B (1:06)
Dealing With Racial Tensions (2:18)
Balancing Work Life And Family Life (1:10)
I Wouldn't Have Chosen Any Other Profession (2:23)
Why I Chose Pediatrics (1:17)
Make Time For Other Hobbies (0:41)
BHARGAVI KOLA, M.D.
Pediatric Department Vice-Chair
Medical Center Hospital
Failures are the stepping stones to successes...It’s okay to fail, but it’s not okay to quit. Quitters are never winners.
- Born and raised in India.
- Growing up, she always wanted to be a physician—says she was inspired to make a difference and “touch someone’s heart and life.”
- Attended medical school at Gandhi Medical College, one of the oldest and most prestigious medical schools in Southern India.
- Made the decision to come to the United States to pursue an interest in hospital administration—admits her family was skeptical and afraid of her leaving home all by herself.
- Received her master’s degree in hospital administration from Fairleigh Dickinson University in New Jersey in 2008.
- While externing, she found herself drawn to pediatrics, so she decided to complete her pediatric medicine residency.
- She now practices pediatrics and runs a federally funded program to help parents and kids learn how to prevent asthma attacks.
- Inspired by a desire to teach medical students, she moved to Texas where she now holds a position as an Associate Professor of Pediatrics at Texas Tech University.