Ben's Open Road
Fight for the things you truly believe in and care about everyone around you, but know when to step back and say, 'You know what? You're right.
- Calls himself a bad student ("probably about as bad as you can get"), with a 1.7 high school GPA.
- Didn't care about his classes, was more focused on how he could secretly listen to his iPod.
- Developed headphones with wires that looked like lanyards to make them less noticeable.
- Convinced his parents to take out a second mortgage to put up the funding for him to go to China and develop his product.
- Started a company, Mophie, around this product; dropped out of college to focus on the business.
- Says college didn't fulfill him because he wasn't doing things, he was just talking about doing things.
- Realized that he wasn't the only person to have a great idea, but he'd gotten lucky to find the funds to develop his.
- Founded Quirky to give everyday inventors the means to produce and sell their own great ideas.