Andrew's Open Road
Philadelphia Museum of Art
Do the things that you feel like you're spending your time well. In the end, you'll be happy, if not proud of your life.
- All through school, was interested in both medicine and art.
- Decided going into medicine was the more sensible option, would please his parents.
- Was working as an orderly when he got in a terrible car accident.
- After his recovery, he reevaluated his life and realized that art was his true passion.
- A professor recommended that he combine his love of science and art and become a conservator.
- Now hailed as one of the best, if not the best, conservators in the U.S.
- Has treated the Liberty Bell, the inkwell from signing of the Declaration of Independence.
- After his near-death experience, says the most important thing is spending your time well, doing what makes you happy.