Making sure the machine is clean before first use (and every four hours) and perform daily maintenance. Look at the schedule, see what needs to be printed, and when's the due date.
Printing Press Operators
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Printing Press Operators Do
Set up and operate digital, letterpress, lithographic, flexographic, gravure, or other printing machines. Includes short-run offset printing presses.
Other Job Titles Printing Press Operators May Have
Press Operator, Pressman, Printer, Printing Press Operator
How Leaders Describe a Typical Day at Work
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Start presses and pull proofs to check for ink coverage and density, alignment, and registration.
- Examine job orders to determine quantities to be printed, stock specifications, colors, or special printing instructions.
- Adjust ink fountain flow rates.
- Verify that paper and ink meet the specifications for a given job.
- Collect and inspect random samples during print runs to identify any necessary adjustments.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.