I go into work from 9-5 at a hospital and see around 7-10 patients a day. Currently I'm working on in-patient care which means the patients I see stay in the hospital. While a lot of my job is taking measurements of them and helping them heal, it is equally focused on listening to and helping them cope with their personal problems since they like to vent. I build up a relationship with these patients.
Physical Therapist Aides
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+18.8% (much faster than the average)
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Physical Therapist Aides Do
Under close supervision of a physical therapist or physical therapy assistant, perform only delegated, selected, or routine tasks in specific situations. These duties include preparing the patient and the treatment area.
Other Job Titles Physical Therapist Aides May Have
Physical Therapist Aide (PTA), Physical Therapy Aide (PTA), Rehabilitation Aide, Restorative Aide (RA)
How Leaders Describe a Typical Day at Work
Guide, motivate, and observe patients through exercises assigned by the physical therapist.
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Clean and organize work area and disinfect equipment after treatment.
- Instruct, motivate, safeguard, or assist patients practicing exercises or functional activities, under direction of medical staff.
- Record treatment given and equipment used.
- Administer active or passive manual therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, or heat, light, sound, water, or electrical modality treatments, such as ultrasound.
- Transport patients to and from treatment areas, using wheelchairs or providing standing support.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.