Field Directors in MSW Programs oversee the educational and professional development needs of students when they enter their internships. The position involves interactions with students, faculty, social work professionals, and community organizations. If you shadowed me for a day, you would see me involved in team building, course development/implementation, and relationship building.
Social Work Teachers, Postsecondary
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+8.9% (as fast as the average)
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Social Work Teachers, Postsecondary Do
Teach courses in social work. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
Other Job Titles Social Work Teachers, Postsecondary May Have
Assistant Professor, Professor, Social Work Associate Professor, Social Work Professor
How Leaders Describe a Typical Day at Work
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Prepare course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, or handouts.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
- Supervise students' laboratory and field work.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as family behavior, child and adolescent mental health, or social intervention evaluation.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.