Wayne's Open Road
Illusion of Life (0:44)
Making an Impact (1:11)
College Animation Club (1:20)
Animation Supervisor (2:09)
The Characters Are Your Children (1:19)
Sincere Storytelling (1:04)
Walt Disney Studios
Sometimes, the job is stressful, but you'll find that there's a reason why you're doing what you're doing.
- Touts the value of taking a variety of classes in school; says that acting, 3-D design classes informed his animation down the line.
- For some time, he'd work on a construction site during the day, then painstakingly animate his reel at night.
- Even after he got his job at Disney, he became the best by working all day, then going home at night and studying new techniques.
- Went through a period where he questioned what he was doing, why he was putting two years of work into a two-minute payoff.
- Saw a video showing a soldier reuniting with his family and going to see an animated movie; his purpose became clear.
- Says that although the "value" of his work has been questioned, making an audience laugh or cry is the best feeling in the world.
- Knowing something he created has the potential to make such an impact is what keeps him going when he has to work long hours.
- Says the characters he creates are like his children; making the most realistic, true characters possible is really a labor of love for him.