Walter's Open Road
University of Life (0:58)
Fear Will Paralyze You (0:49)
Listen To Your Intuition (0:37)
Public Television: Season 2
Don't limit yourself. Don't allow anybody, and don't allow your mind, to limit you.
British army, change, eastern philosophy, ego, fashion design, India, intuition, learning, mindset, possibilities, travel
- He was in the British Army from ages 18-21; after his service, all he knew was that he wanted to move back to London.
- After moving back to the city, he started doing tailoring work-it was something he just "fell into."
- He started doing sketches for his friends, one of whom became a very successful actress.
- All of a sudden, he was doing sketches for her friends, Julie Andrews and Audrey Hepburn, and people were calling him a "designer."
- At the height of his popularity, his yoga teacher asked him if he'd like to accompany her on a trip to India.
- He went from living in a mansion and sleeping on furs, to sleeping on a concrete floor in an ashram in Bangalore.
- The strangest thing, for him, was that this simple lifestyle didn't bother him as much as he'd thought it would.
- From there, he went on a mission of self-enlightenment; gave up designing clothes to "design souls," by studying religion and teaching yoga.