Veronica's Open Road
Staying True To Your Passion (1:13)
Getting Started in the Industry (1:48)
Family Encouragement (0:59)
Being Female in the Industry (1:32)
Roadtrip Nation Staff
Costa Mesa, CA
Live: Season 1
Sword & Laser
be doing it, cnet networks, comfort zone, eclectic, fantasy, female, gaming, gender, internship, passion, podcast, science fiction, show, social anxiety, start doing it, technology, true to my core, video games, videos, Woman
- As a kid, whenever she was sick, her mom would buy her a "bravery present," and Veronica always picked out Nintendo games.
- After school, she decided to move to San Francisco with her two best friends.
- She didn't have any money or any sort of plan, so she started cruising around Craigslist.com for job opportunites.
- Spotted an ad for an internship at CNET Networks, and eventually got the job.
- Her boss got her a gig producing a podcast, which combined Veronica's interests in new media and audio.
- She worked her way up from producer, to guest, to co-host; after that, she segued into on-camera work.
- In the beginning, as a woman in the tech/gaming field, she felt like she had to prove herself more than a man would; luckily, that's worn off.
- Says that if you're passionate about something, and you want to work in that field, get online and start writing or talking about it.