Tracey's Open Road
It'll Be Worth It (1:38)
Fear Of Math (1:18)
Do A Self Check (0:52)
Do What You Love (1:31)
You Are At This Place For A Reason (1:23)
Public Television: Season 10
Senior Marketing Manager
decisions, engineering, family, happiness, math, new kid, parents, questioning, running, school, start up, teaching, technology, track, try things, understanding, working towards something, worth it
- When she was growing up, math was her favorite subject, so everyone pushed her into engineering.
- She went to a college that was known for its excellent engineering program, but when she got there, she realized she hated it.
- Without telling anyone, she switched her major and started studying to become a teacher.
- When she finally told her parents she was going to be a teacher, they freaked out and told her she'd never make any money.
- Says that she always knew that if she was doing good as a teacher, she wouldn't care if she was broke.
- She spent six few years teaching, then she became a corporate trainer with AT&T.
- Now she works with the AT&T Foundry, building mutually beneficial relationships between small tech startups and AT&T.
- Says that even though it seems she's stepped away from teaching, she still gets to mentor young people, which is what she loves.