TJ's Open Road
Having Cancer As A Kid (1:07)
Do Your Own Thing (0:45)
Building a Business (1:22)
The Entrepreneur Track (1:06)
achievement, business, cancer, career, connection, design, determination, entrepreneurship, love, military, networking, positive, sales, small projects, surrender
- He had cancer as a child and was told he'd never be able to do certain things, like get insurance or play sports.
- Spent a lot of time between the ages of six and 12 in the hospital, but says it made him a fighter.
- Tried to join the military service and was denied; he was sick of being told "no" so he fought back.
- His case went all the way to the Surgeon General of the United States, and he was ultimately let into the military.
- Says that ultimately, his experience with cancer gave him a new outlook on life, and a fiercely can-do attitude.
- He wanted to bring his enthusiasm for technology and 3D printing to as many people as possible, so he came up with the idea of 3DRV.
- Autodesk sponsored him to go out on the road in a huge blue RV and educate Americans on the cool possibilities of 3D printing.
- Says he sees too many people get to a difficult place and give up on a life that they love; his life is proof that you should never give up.