Tina's Open Road
There's nothing wrong with having a lot of different skills; you've just got to do what is the most authentic for you and makes you the happiest.
- Grew up in a small Swiss village; was headed down a business track in school.
- Convinced her parents to send her to art school for one year; she was happier than she'd ever been.
- Switched over to design, moved to New York after graduation, found an internship that day, got her visa within the month.
- Started her blog, swiss-miss, as a side project; since then, always pursues the "passion projects" that grabbed her.
- Her side projects, like Tattly and TeuxDeux, have actually blossomed into lucrative businesses of their own.
- After starting her own design studio-something she'd always dreamed of-she realized it wasn't right for her.
- Learned that rather than working for someone else, she found more fulfillment pursuing her own "labors of love."
- Says that there's pressure to instantly succeed today, but most "really good things" grow slowly and take time.