Tim's Open Road
Maybe just by nature I'm a bit driven. And then I just took that drive to the corporate success and just changed it over to the drive to be as green and sustainable as I could.
- After graduating from university, he went tree planting in Canada.
- They'd spend two months out in nature, living as a tribe and spending entire days alone planting trees.
- He'd been planning on attending a post-graduate program, but one day he realized his plans had changed.
- His main goal went from "become financially successful" to "do something good for the environment."
- He went on to found the Permaforest Trust, a non-for-profit environmental education center.
- Says you have to live your life in an integrated way; if you're unhappy with your work, you can't just box that up and put it away.
- Believes that to do anything truly significant, you have to make a commitment.
- Reminds road-trippers that their situation is unique; to be afforded the opportunity to go to school and to choose a career is a rare gift.