Shiny Toy's Open Road
Shiny Toy Guns Highlight (2:26)
There are no excerpts for this Leader.
Park City, UT
Indie: Indie Roadtrips
SHINY TOY GUNS
Shiny Toy Guns
I had moments where I wasn't sure this was going to work. But even feeling like that is another feeling to write a song about.
being obsessive, high school drop out, touring
- Lead vocalist Chad Petree had been "obsessively" into music for his whole life.
- Bassist Jeremy Dawson was forced into learning piano at the age of four; he always wanted to play baseball instead.
- Chad dropped out of school to pursue his passion for music when he was in the tenth grade.
- When the band first started touring, they were "dead broke."
- They shared a van and lived off of the dollar menu for eight months while they toured small bars to get their name out there.
- Jeremy says that the fear of the band not working out actually converted into fuel to make them work hard and practice harder.
- Chad says that he always just viewed his fear as another feeling that he could write a song about.
- Both agree that there needs to be an element of obsession in your work if you want to succeed.