Sherry's Open Road
Whitewater Rafting Guide
Los Rios River Runners
A lot of my philosophies in life are around water: you have to go with the flow, but you have to act at the right time.
- Always thought that she would become a lawyer.
- She started going down that path, but when she talked to other attorneys, she realized that most of them didn't actually like their jobs.
- Seeing so many people get stuck stuck in careers they resented made her realize she had to get away from the corporate world.
- She'd heard good things about Taos, New Mexico, so she decided that'd be a good spot to visit and get back in touch with nature.
- After she went back home, she saved up all her money and six months later, she moved back to Taos.
- Found a group of people who were making a living working outdoors; decided to try working on the river and quickly realized she could totally handle it.
- Says her seasonal work schedule doesn't always "fit" in mainstream society, which leads to questions like, "When are you going to get a real job?"
- But she says she'll stay in this job until she feels stagnant; says the meaning of life is actively searching for meaning, engaging, and always having fun.