Scott's Open Road
The Rocky Mountains (1:22)
It Just Felt Right (0:35)
Self Exploration (0:53)
Listen To The Inner Voice (1:01)
Public Television: Season 3
advice, college, Colorado, courage, distractions, Instinct, listen to yourself, loss, parents, perception, perspective, Rocky Mountains, skiing, white water rafting
- College was difficult for him-he struggled with questions about who he was, what he believed, and what he wanted to do.
- When he saw the Rocky Mountains for the first time on a spring break trip, he knew that was where he needed to be.
- He came back to school anyways and tried to get back into his routine-bought a suit, scheduled interviews-but he just couldn't do it.
- Instead, he dropped everything, bought a truck, and drove back to the Rockies without any semblance of a plan.
- Settled in Sun Valley, Idaho, and started teaching skiing and whitewater rafting.
- There were days where the sheer joy of where he was living and what he was doing would hit him and cause him to cry of happiness.
- Says you have to listen to yourself, and you have to do what interests you, no matter how hard or scary that might seem.
- Stresses the importance of listening to your own inner voice over all other advice-"that person inside you is never going to steer you wrong."