Scott's Open Road
There are no excerpts for this Leader.
Melbourne, Victoria AUS
Public Television: Season 5
banker, being obsessive, comfort zone, dancing, drive, self expression, something more, swing dance
- He enjoyed his work as a corporate banker, but he sought an environment where he could really make a difference and express himself.
- His mother showed him an article that showed that most retired people wished they'd taken more risks in life.
- While traveling through America with his brother, they stumbled upon big band music and swing dancing.
- Instantly drawn to the energy of the music, the people, and the steps, he made a New Year's resolution to learn how to swing dance.
- After he had a good knowledge of the dance, he started teaching lessons.
- He started Swing Patrol, which is now the world's largest swing dancing school.
- His love for swing dancing is contagious-his classes grew from 23 people on the first night to over 200 people after eight weeks.
- Says you need to be a little bit obsessive to build something special; if you get that little pulling feeling inside, you should follow it and devote yourself to it.