Sam's Open Road
Be A Risk Taker (0:38)
Green Chimneys (0:21)
The Animals and The Children (0:59)
You Can See Success (0:43)
You're Worrying About Nothing (0:40)
Public Television: Season 3
Green Chimneys Children's School
Confidence Dedication Desire Education Fear Hard Work Negativity Opportunity Passion Perseverance Pressure Risk Self-Reflection Success Struggle Transitions Courage Choices Experience Exploration Inspiration Values Fulfillment
alternative, animals, benefits, bond, children, doctor, farm, fear, learning, mirror, passionate, possibilities, possibility, psychology, relationships, risk, sacrifice, school, science, success
- He went to school to be a doctor, following in his father's footsteps.
- While he did well in school, he didn't enjoy it; somewhere along the way, he'd fixated on this "crazy" idea to open a school for children.
- Green Chimneys is a therapeutic environment for children that haven't had success with traditional forms of education.
- His goals are to help his students reclaim their youth and to restore all possibilities for their futures.
- Says that, of course, if he'd followed the path of becoming a doctor, he probably wouldn't have gone through the struggles he'd faced.
- But, if he'd been a doctor, he would've always thought about that school for children, and dreamt of the "what ifs."
- Says that his school has stayed alive because he's taken risks that others were too scared to take.
- He's made some sacrifices, but when he sees children and families benefitting from his school, he knows they were all worth it.