Ross R.'s Open Road
Definition of Success (0:41)
Find What Makes You Happy (2:14)
Don't Limit Yourself (1:28)
Beyond Happiness (1:03)
Courage vs Fear (1:27)
Crazy Babbling Sunshine
Public Television: Season 8
ROSS R. ROSSIN
Rossin Fine Art
art, artist, Bulgaria, courage, creative, failure, fear, happiness, home, international, leaving, love, luck, oil paint, passion, portrait, power, reinvent, rejection, uncertainty
- He was born in Bulgaria under communist leadership.
- At the age of six, he was already painting; says he did nothing but stay at home and paint.
- His early passion paid off; when he was a teenager, he was accepted to a prestigious fine arts school.
- Next, he was invited to join the Bulgarian Association of Artists, an elite circle made up mostly of middle-aged men; he was only 19 years old.
- After the Iron Curtain collapsed, he was free to explore the world, and he realized he'd had a hunger to travel.
- Says that finding the courage to travel and learn about new cultures taught him about the human spirit and informed his painting.
- He spent five years in Japan building up his portfolio by painting businessmen and politicians before moving to the U.S.
- He's done portraits of various world leaders, and his works have been included in the National Portrait Gallery in Washington D.C.