Robyn's Open Road
Always Had An Interest In My Surroundings (2:02)
I Didn't Wanna Do That (1:43)
Failure Is A Learning Experience (1:20)
Change Is Inevitable (0:35)
Change is inevitable and change is not always bad; and we have to learn to be accepting of that and try to manage it the best way we can within our realm of control.
change, chemistry, childhood, curiosity, expectations, improvement, learning, medical school, mistakes, moving on, options, reality
- She always thought that she'd be a doctor-if you were a good student, that was just the natural path you took.
- But when it came time for her to choose a major, she realized her family wouldn't be able to support her through years of medical school.
- Luckily, she'd concluded that medicine wasn't the field for her, anyways, which was a relief.
- Her curiosity about her surroundings and the natural world led her into the chemistry field.
- She wanted to be able to support herself, so she worked part-time in a hospital chemistry lab while she was still in school.
- The job gave her the opportunity to apply the skills she was learning in school to real-world situations; this helped underscore her interest in chemistry.
- She always tries to keep an open mind about inevitable failures: learn, improve, and try not to make the same mistake again.
- Actively practicing self-assessment kept her focused on her end goal, bul also helped her shift her trajectory if something didn't work out.