Rob's Open Road
Go For It (0:48)
Hang On (0:32)
You Can Do Anything (0:32)
You Can't Beat Being Lucky (1:33)
Go With What You Know (0:51)
Help Along The Way (0:58)
courage, creativity, determination, drive, fear, focus, goals, hesitation, hope, mistakes, money, motivation, mountain climbing, mountaineering, passion, resilient, starting out, success, travel, wine
- Spent six years getting a degree in forestry, but once he started working in the field, he realized he hated it.
- While he was in college, he took a trip to Washington and attempted to climb Mt. Rainier; after that, he was completely hooked on mountain climbing.
- He moved to Washington and took a job planting trees so he could climb mountains on the weekend.
- After a year, he was experienced enough to guide mountain climbs to places like Mt. McKinley.
- On one of his guided climbs, his client offered him a job developing fly-fishing gear at Gore-Tex; he worked there for ten years.
- The job took him all over the world on an expense account; he was eating good food, drinking good wine, and meeting winemakers across the country.
- After the Gore-Tex job came to its natural end, he decided his next endeavor would be winemaking.
- Years earlier, he’d bought a piece of land for rock climbing; it’s now the Boudreaux Cellars vineyard and winery.