Rob's Open Road
Rob Feenie Highlight (1:47)
Passion For Food (1:21)
Vancouver, British Columbia CAN
Public Television: Season 3
Whatever it may be, follow your dream.
believe in yourself, cooking, dreams, hockey, Iron Chef
- Cooking was always something that he did for fun.
- When he was young, playing hockey was his dream, but he also "got a blast out of making macaroni and cheese."
- From there, it turned into a passion; wine and food became his whole life.
- He was the first Canadian to win Iron Chef America.
- Feenie is the founder, co-owner, and executive chef of LumiÃ¨re, which Zagat named "Best Restaurant in Vancouver" in 2006.
- He says that when you're pursuing your dream, the most important thing is to "never say never."
- His father used to tell him, "only you can control your own destiny."
- Says you can hear 50 people give you opinions, but the only one that will truly matter is your own.