Ric's Open Road
Life has to be discovered all the time.
- When he was growing up, his father was in the Air Force, so his family moved around a lot.
- As a result, he's never been scared to move for a job, which has been crucial to his job in the entertainment industry.
- His first experience with production was working backstage in the student theater at his university.
- Quickly realized that his work at the theater gave him more fulfillment than his law classes...and it was a great place to meet girls.
- Today, he's widely considered an "expert" on producing the Olympics-he's been involved with the broadcasts of five different Olympic Games.
- He's also produced major cultural events, like Sydney's New Year's Eve Celebrations at the turn of the millennium.
- He likens finding the perfect job to falling in love-you won't know how to describe it, but when the right job comes along, you'll know.
- Says the worst thought you can have is, "it's time for me to grow up and be sensible"; instead, you should be constantly exploring and discovering life.