Randy's Open Road
There are no excerpts for this Leader.
The Original Roadtrip
San Francisco, CA
Apple, Brown University, following your bliss, Harvard, in the moment, law school, mistakes, motivation, time
- After graduating from Brown University, he simply followed his interests; did everything from teaching economics to promoting rock concerts.
- He started to feel pressure to "get serious," so he decided to go to law school at Harvard University.
- It didn't take him long to realize that law was not the path for him, but he continued with it anyway.
- He worked as a lawyer for Apple for a few years, then decided to branch out to help companies strengthen their brands.
- Slowly transitioned into taking the risk of starting his own companies; helped launch TiVo and WebTV.
- Today, he describes himself as a "serial entrepreneur" and has carved out a niche for himself as a "creative free agent."
- Now his life looks much more like it did when he was just following his interests; he's involved in dozens of projects.
- Among them, he's written a best-selling book called The Monk and The Riddle, and he teaches entrepreneurship at Stanford University.