Rachael's Open Road
Work vs University (0:53)
Wanting to Explore (0:46)
Moving to Sydney (0:56)
Drama English Teacher (1:20)
Do Not Feel Entitled (0:59)
Roadtrip Nation Staff
auditions, Australia, creative, drama, drama school, drama teacher, entitled, film, high school, imagination, job, law, leaving home, risk, small town, storytelling, theater, unathletic, work, worry
- Because she grew up as an only child, she was always very imaginative.
- When she was in high school, she felt like she didn't fit in because everyone was so focused on sports and she was unathletic.
- Her English teacher pointed out that there was another area that she could excel in: theater and drama.
- She'd known she had a talent for storytelling and acting, but now, for the first time, she realized she could make a career of it.
- Decided to move from Tasmania to Sydney, Australia so she could try to enter the entertainment industry.
- For a long time, she struggled-she couldn't find an agent, couldn't get any work as an extra, and was making coffee to get by.
- Briefly went to law school because she'd started to believe that acting wasn't going to work out.
- After six weeks, she dropped out and went "all in" on pursuing acting; before long, she had her first movie role.