Peter's Open Road
Nerdy Geekish Obnoxious Kid (1:17)
Get The Conversation Going (1:39)
Can't Stop Dreaming (0:40)
Rolling Stone Magazine
How could you do that for seventeen years if you didn't have that feeling?
- He was "that kid" who always wanted to talk about movies.
- His friends didn't always humor him, so he started keeping a little notebook with ratings so he could "talk to himself."
- He kept his work a secret because he didn't want his friends to judge him for watching movies over and over again.
- At the age of 16, he hustled his way into an interview with John Wayne by lying and saying he was a reporter for Reader's Digest.
- As a lifelong fan of "The Duke," he spent the whole 20-minute interview in a daze; somehow the piece was good enough to serve as his big break.
- Says his job let him transition from an obnoxious movie-geek kid into an obnoxious movie-geek adult.
- Believes that you have to have a true passion for what you're writing about to keep it from being cliché-ridden.
- His number one piece of advice for road-trippers is, "You can't stop dreaming."