Pete's Open Road
There are no excerpts for this Leader.
The Original Roadtrip
Public Television: The Original Roadtrip
VP of On-Air Promotions
One thing that keeps me happy and has kept me here and kept me motivated is feeling like you're part of something and you're moving this thing forward.
CIA analyst, FBI agent, happiness, lawyer
- His parents were in the FBI and the CIA, respectively; they wanted him to follow suit, but he knew neither of those paths would make him happy.
- After college, he took a series of unfulfilling temp jobs where most of his time was spent alphabetizing or stacking papers.
- His finances were tight, so he had to choose between lunch or the train ride home; as a result, he often walked the 45 minutes home.
- During his walks, he'd daydream about getting a career in the one area that truly interested him: entertainment.
- After years of temping, he finally took a night shift at a news station; he didn't have an interest in the news, but it was a foot in the door.
- Eventually he found himself working at NBC, for shows like SNL and Late Show with David Letterman.
- Although he was working for the some of best shows in television, he was still performing trivial tasks, like copying video tapes.
- When a friend suggested that he apply for a job at Cartoon Network, he jumped at the chance to work in cartoons, a longtime dream.