Paula and Lorenz's Open Road
Taking A Pilgrimage (1:39)
Adventure Is Not Knowing (1:46)
Fuzzy Not Comfortable Place (1:31)
Break Out Of The Bubble (1:31)
Public Television: Season 3
PAULA AND LORENZ EBER
Biked Around the World for Asthma Awareness
Anthropology, asthma, bikes, challenge, change, cycling, danger, deception, expectation, generation, hardship, make a difference, not knowing, perspective, potential, psychology, routine, strength, technology, travel
- Paula and Lorenz Eber are a married couple that biked around the world with their daughters.
- Traveled over 9,000 miles and passed through 24 countries on four different continents.
- Paula has had asthma since she was two years old; when she first met Lorenz, she could barely run around the block.
- Cycling around the world was her way of saying, "This disease doesn't get me down; I can do what I want."
- She originally pursued a career in psychology, but later realized her true passion was traveling and meeting new people.
- Lorenz says that if you just go through the "steps" (college, partner, house, kids), you end up looking around, wondering, "Now what?"
- The couple says that life is dangerous, but you can't be afraid of it; "you might as well live it."
- Both believe that our generation has more opportunities than ever before; we just have to break out of our bubbles and try new things.