Patrick's Open Road
Director of International Tax
Fossil Group, Inc.
Don’t take anything at face value—try to figure out the ‘why’ behind everything.
- He grew up in a single-parent household in Dallas, Texas.
- Says that growing up without a father around inspired him to look to his community for mentors.
- When he was 18, his big dreams included becoming a professional football or basketball player, or becoming an actor.
- But when he got to high school, he realized everyone around him had a lot of the same dreams.
- He knew his plans had to change, and though he’d never planned on going to college, he ended up enrolling at Prairie View A&M University.
- Math was one of his favorite subjects in school, so he decided to major in accounting.
- After college, he launched his accounting career by taking a job at EY, one of the “Big Four” accounting firms.
- Says we wouldn’t change anything about his life, but if he had the opportunity to go back in time and tell his younger self anything, he’d tell himself to apply himself more in college.