Pat's Open Road
Continuous Improvement (1:52)
Gotta Take Action (2:13)
Customer Service Driven (0:15)
What If I Fail? (0:35)
Creating Your Own Road (0:35)
Public Television: Season 3
Entrepreneur/Sports Team Executive/Author
attitude, challenge, create, customer service, dreams, fitness, health, improvement, medicine, observations, odd jobs, organization, persistence, philosophy, react, sports, taking action, vision quest, volunteering, work ethic
- He grew up down the street from Connie Mack Stadium, where the Phillies played and where his father was an usher.
- Growing up, he had discipline from his dad, who worked multiple jobs, and the dreaming factor from his mom.
- Believes it's important to balance your dreaming with you doing; take action on your dreams.
- He says, "you name it, I did it"; started as a paperboy when he was 11, so he had a work ethic from very early on.
- He went to college with the dream of playing basketball, but he also had an interest in health, volunteered in a hospital.
- Finally he was exposed to the field of sports medicine, which combined his two greatest interests.
- He opened the first sports medicine center in a hospital setting in America; within 10 years, he had 40 locations.
- Says the most important thing is to ask: "if you don't ask, the answer's always no"; says he only got the Sixers job because persistently asked for it.