Pam's Open Road
I think you have to know exactly who you are in there. And I don't think people know that. They become so busy they don't know who they are.
- She was working as a pharmaceutical VP, making six figures, traveling often and flying first class.
- One day, she was leaving to go to Chicago and she passed her husband at the airport-he was coming home from a trip.
- She realized that she'd become obsessed with being successful and proving herself in the corporate world, and it didn't make her happy.
- Soon afterwards, she was sitting outside of her house, reflecting, and she decided to call her boss and quit.
- Two things happened after she quit: one, she started volunteering a local crisis nursery, and two, she adopted a rescue dog.
- For the nursery's holiday party, she decided to dress up her dog like Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer.
- The response from the kids was so amazing that she decided to found a nonprofit that helps bring pet therapy to at-risk children.
- Says that she's realized both children and animals live in and enjoy the moment, and that's helped her focus on being more present.