Nicole's Open Road
The race is not given to the swift—it’s not given to the fastest or the strongest. It’s given to the person that perseveres, the one that doesn’t give up, the one that keeps going.
- Raised by a single mother, she had to work from a young age to help supplement their income.
- She was always the type of employee to go above and beyond, so entering the military just made sense.
- When she was sent to Afghanistan on an Army deployment, her skin started reacting poorly to the environment and the stress.
- Products on the market weren’t working, so she decided to start mixing up her own skin care solutions.
- Once she developed a few products that worked, she realized that she could go into entrepreneurship and sell her skin care products to others who needed them.
- Started taking online classes during her deployments and earned a degree in business administration.
- While she was trying to get the business off the ground, she encountered months of failure; there were days when she wanted to give up completely.
- But she kept persisting—something she chalks up to her military training—and eventually found success, with her skincare line being featured in multiple beauty magazines.