Nic's Open Road
There are no excerpts for this Leader.
It's not the status of what you're doing; it's, 'Do you enjoy it? Is it something that fulfills you?'
- Didn't get into radio until he was 32 years old.
- Music was always a big part of his life; remembers his father coming home with The Beatles' records.
- Was always looking for something that would fulfill him creatively, but never really acted on it.
- Said for a long time, he was that person who would talk about his grand plans, and then waste his days away getting drunk at the bar.
- For a while, he was locked into a cycle of horrible factory jobs, where he'd go to work and think, "I just need to get through today."
- Says the minute he stumbled across radio, he finally recognized something that he loved, and he chased after it as hard as he could.
- His first radio job was at a tiny station in upstate New York, but he loved doing that just as much as he loves doing his acclaimed KCRW show.
- Says at the end of the day, it doesn't matter if anybody else believes in you, as long as you're comfortable with who you are.