Mike's Open Road
1000 Roads (0:12)
Change Is Good (1:05)
What Would You Do For Free? (1:03)
Just Be Movement (0:18)
Tie String Together (0:34)
The Original Roadtrip
Public Television: The Original Roadtrip
VP of Programming
America, business school, change, company, disappointment, happy, hobby, interest, job, learn who you are, odd jobs, parents, passion, programming, revolutionary, roads, television, understanding, work hard
- His parents expected him to go to business school, or follow his father into the textile industry.
- Neither of those things interested him, so he dropped out of high school and took a series of odd jobs, none of which were very gratifying.
- He supported himself so that he could pursue his true hobby: watching television at night.
- Slowly realized that he was more knowledgeable and opinionated about television than most other people were.
- Started to cold call people out of the phonebook to figure out how he could break into the TV industry.
- He took a massive pay-cut to deliver mail at a television network; said he could've "dug holes" as long as a TV screen was nearby.
- Now serves as the vice president of programming for Cartoon Network.
- Tells road-trippers to "be a movement, be a revolutionary, and turn over the apple cart…a lot."