Michael's Open Road
Be true to yourself. It gets very alienating pretending to be someone you're not.
- Received a master's degree from Brown University and a doctorate in political science from Yale University.
- While he was in school, the Vietnam War started; he says he got swept up in the debate.
- At the time, that debate was, "Can we win this war, or will we lose this war?"
- He believed neither of these arguments were relevant because there was something wrong with the institution of war.
- Started getting active and participating in demonstrations all over the country.
- After multiple run-ins with the police, including one violent altercation, he decided to concentrate on his writing and public speaking.
- Says that there are people that have things, and people that do things.
- At 73 years old, he's still in the population who concentrates on what he should do next, rather than what he should buy next.