Mat's Open Road
YouTube Personality / CEO
Article 15 Clothing
It’s an innate emotion within all of us—we want purpose in life. You can be successful, you can make money, but without purpose, you’re lost.
- Came from a long line of family members who had been in the military.
- When he was 16 years old, he decided he wanted to serve his country too, and he joined the Army.
- After five deployments, he got out of the Army and returned to civilian life.
- At first, he worked at a comfortable, six-figure job consulting for the CIA, but his friends noticed that he didn’t really seem happy.
- He started a YouTube channel on the side just to make his friends laugh and it started gaining popularity.
- Finally, the channel picked up enough speed that he was able to muster up the courage to quit his lucrative job and pursue his new passion.
- Says that although he didn’t know how to edit videos, he spent 40 hours a week watching YouTube tutorials to learn; believes “everything you need [to succeed] is at your fingertips now.”
- In order to monetize his YouTube channel and help him give back to fellow vets, Mat and his friends started Article 15 Clothing, which donates part of its proceeds to military charities.