Mary's Open Road
No Failure, Just Feedback (1:10)
Palm Beach, FL
Public Television: Season 2
I think dealing with people is harder than rocket science, but it's something I enjoy.
engineering, people, rocket scientist, satellite communications, security, self belief, space
- Grew up interested in space and decided she wanted to be a rocket scientist.
- Her first job had to do with programming and launching satellites into space.
- Her hobby had always been writing, and over time, she started enjoying that more than she enjoyed her satellite communications job.
- Eventually decided to drop everything else and focus on her writing.
- Says, "before I was doing communications in outer space; now I'm doing communications right here on Earth."
- Everyone around her was single, wishing there was somewhere they could meet people that wasn't just a club and bar scene.
- Instead of going to write for Cosmo or Vogue, she decided to take her intimate knowledge of a local problem and build her own solution.
- Started One2One Living, a magazine that profiles professional singles and displays hundreds of personal ads.