Mary's Open Road
Reflect What You're Really About (1:44)
Set Goals (0:23)
Do The Best You Can (0:50)
Public Television: Season 2
VP of Logistics
construction, expectation, expectations, growth, information, knowledge, liberation, mediocrity, not knowing, talking to people
- Says she grew up thinking everyone around her seemed to know exactly what they wanted to be when they grew up.
- In order to figure out what might interest her, she started asking everyone around her, "How'd you get to where you are?"
- Started to realize that she wasn't the only one who didn't know what to do, and that in fact, the majority of people were still figuring it out.
- People told her it was important that she forge her own path, rather than just do what her parents did, or choose the safe option.
- Realized that she should reflect back to, "What do I like? What am I good at? When have I been the most happy?"
- Believes that the biggest mistake that recent grads make is that they expect that they'll find the perfect job.
- Says it's important to have hopes and dreams, but you can't have the expectation that something will fall into your lap.
- Stresses the importance of goal-setting: says that if you're not constantly raising the bar for yourself, you're just "floating."