Mark's Open Road
As long as you're satisfied with it and it's working for you, that's all that matters.
- Started playing the drums when he was 10 years old.
- When he was in school, his major was drafting; begged his mom to let him change it to music but she always said "no."
- Went through school, got a few well-paid drafting jobs, but was always focused on his music.
- One day, on his lunch break, he started busking with a local street band and realized he could make a good amount of money.
- When he got laid off from his day job, he started to focus on his street performing full-time.
- Says that his choice to become a street drummer made his family nervous; they thought he'd never make any money.
- Believes that people only tell you you can't do something because they're unhappy with their own jobs and choices.
- He refuses to "just work for 30 years and then die," says he strives to find some fun and fulfillment every single day.