Manny's Open Road
Manny Kowino Highlight (1:45)
Nuclear Lifestyle (0:16)
I hope you're getting what you want out of life because you're only going this way once.
- When he went to college, he took all of his core classes first because none of the majors stood out.
- Tried accounting, tried economics...says all of them were "blah, boring."
- The whole way through, he was diving for urchins and lobstering on the side to make a little extra money.
- Eventually got his degree and worked a 9-to-5 job, "did the whole 'can I have a raise, sir?' thing."
- Says he was never happy; spent his days counting down the time until he could get back out on his boat.
- Decided to quit and become a lobsterman full time.
- Says it took him a while to figure it out what he wanted to do, but looking back, he's glad he didn't choose the "nuclear" lifestyle.
- Feels lucky to have found his passion; has been working as a lobsterman for five years.