Louie's Open Road
First Guitar (0:50)
The Dream (1:12)
Negatives Into Positives (0:56)
Mixing Music and Art (2:29)
It goes back to traversing that path, sometimes not knowing where we're going, and just being grateful for the very cool stops that we make along the way.
- His single mother secretly saved her money, surprised him with a guitar when he was a child.
- Grew up in a barrio in East L.A., believes music kept him off the streets.
- Started a band because he wanted to be a rock star, kept playing simply because he loved it.
- Could've started playing generic, popular rock, but decided to stick to traditional Mexican roots instead.
- Lost his father at a very young age, started writing music to work through the pain.
- Believes in the old saying, "It's not about the destination; it's about the journey."
- Says one of the most important things he ever did was start saying "yes" to more opportunities.
- Warns against spending too much time worrying about the future or the past-live in the "right now."